January 3, 2010

Shopping at Jam Pixy and The Daiso

On the first full day here in Tokyo I did some shopping in the local area, and didn't stray too far from my accommodation. It was a good way to see the area, learn about the attractions nearby and I got my first taste of the cool January weather here. During the day when there is sun, it's quite nice - like spring. But in the evening, nice and indoors its too cold for me.

So the first thing I did with my friend was visit a local free Japanese style garden, and I will write about that in my next post. After that we went to a Daiso in the area, which was on the third floor of a shopping center. There was also a arcade next to it for little kids. It was a pretty large Daiso, and it was quite difficult to decided what to look at first.

Photobucket
Marshmellow snacks with delicious fillings at The Daiso

Photobucket
A selection of party crackers, I got mine here haha

I wanted to buy a couple of baskets at The Daiso so I could store my various daily goods like brushes, lotion, deodorant etc in one spot without having to dig through my suitcase each morning. I was able to find two cute pink little plastic baskets, and after I had picked them up I found a red heart shaped one elsewhere in the store. It was sooo cute, but I was too lazy to put the other ones back haha.

I also picked up a moko moko shu shu, and some things for future giveaways hehe^^ I was really good this time and only spent about 11$ there. I never usually spend so little in a 100 yen shop haha! I did buy a pair of false eyelashes however, I don't have glue yet, but I thought a cheap pair would be the best for a first try.

Photobucket
Which eyelashes would you choose?

After we finished shopping around The Daiso, we left the building and I saw a Shimamura there. I have always been curious since I saw many of their items on poupeegirl. So then my friend brought me to the store Jam Pixy.

Photobucket
Exterior of Jam Pixy

Jam Pixy is a young ladies' clothing store that sells cute items at a low price. It seemed like rather small shop because it was totally stuffed with t-shirts, ruffle shirt, moko moko room wear and trendy jackets. While I was in there it got a bit crowded. I thought they had quite a few very cute items, but the ones I liked best weren't in L size >< haha.

They had many different gal styles, but in the end I choose moko moko socks for 105 yen and a shirt for 315 yen because it had some really funny writing on it. I hesitate to even call it engrish because it's not even a word haha. I hope to buy a few more clothes in Japan, but I am not expecting it since my size is a bit too big for Japanese clothing. haha^^

Photobucket
I assume they mean "Temptation"?

24 comments:

  1. GIRLS TMPTON XD L O L xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD LOL.
    But I am almost sure it means temptation in some weird mind xDDD

    Nice pictures, though this store looks absolutely different to all the high-tech-super-deluxe-and-ultra-cool typical stores you find while browsing through the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute shirt :) You so make me wanna go to Japan to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwuh its too bad the clothes weren't in your size. There's this Japanese store online that has the cutest clothing but they only have like really really small sizes--like size 0 and 2 >.< I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Curious to know where this Jam Pixy is located?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it seems so nice!!! what a cute shop, i sooo wanna go there!!! (I think I can go to japan..for like my first time *yay* this year during summer!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whyyy did you show it T__T
    I am jealous xD
    I love japanese candies
    yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all things Japanese, everything is so Kawaii! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like daisos and 100yen shops. i always buy little souvenis there and i always find cute things for myself. shopping in japan is the best thing on the world!!!!

    now i will check the jam and pixy homepage. where is this shop?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your so lucky!

    I want to go to the Daiso too!

    Can't wait to see everything you bought for yourself and when you test the falsies ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaawww, I'd like to go shopping with you dear ;_____; <3<3<3 I hope you find more crazy english tshirts xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these posts, your blog is really interesting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to try those mango marshmellows, just because I love mango. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy marshmallows!! and that's a very cute sock you bought! the t shirt is really funny too :3 hope to hear from you real soon1 have fun ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss Daiso! There are so many cute and useful stuff one can get there, for only 105 Yen each.

    That's a cool shirt! XDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want to go to japan!!! OMGG

    love false eyelashes and the t-shirt is adorable!!!

    oh...happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe the weather is like spring during the day!! Gah lucky!!

    Whooooot Daiso giveaways!!?? HELL YEA COUNT ME IN! LOL. I could spend all day in the 100 yen shops. American Dollar stores are filled with poo but it feels to me (as an outsider of course) that Japanese "dollar" stores have a better arrangement of items.

    PFTTT that shirt! Nice! :D

    I wanna go there (Jam Pixy) my next visit! I have a feeling you'll be giving me LOTS of store ideas :PP

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hee hee...cute haul! *^_^* I am really enjoying your Japan posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love following your trip! Its such a luxury to read someone blogging about their trip in Japan as it happens... especially someone who is probably seeking out the same things you would if you were there. Omg lol I got really excited thinking about your future giveaway hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute! I like that you're posting from japan!

    loves

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are staying in Japan now? Your friend and you know where to go to get things at reasonable prices. ;) Unfortunately most of Japanese apparel stores have small sizes only, I mean S, M and sometimes L. There are not many variation of size just like GAP. Yet, compared with decade ago, we have more smaller sizes of jeans today, which makes no difference to me because they are too small...

    Anyhow...enjoy your stay in Japan. :)
    It's interesting how foreign people enjoy my country. Your post looks very fresh to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lucky you to have spring-like weather during the day over there!! It's freezing cold where I live now... Jealous! XD
    That Jam Pixy store looks really cute! The shirt you picked out is adorable~ I think it's fun to wear shirts with meaningless phrases like that on them, haha! ;3

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha i thought it said girls tampon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...