Nezu Shrine Tsutsuji matsuri pt.2 Stalls!

How was your Friday? I hope it was a fun day! I didn't really do anything yesterday because I was just tired out all day. Insomnia is setting in again TT But today should be great despite the grey weather. Me and my mom are heading out to the Mall of America and Ikea! The only store I'm going to in MoA is Forever21 so that should mean another "gets" post soon haha!


Looking down the Tsutsuji matsuri food stalls

Anyhow, today I am wrapping up my post on Nezu Shrine by writing about the food stalls that were present during the Tsutsuji matsuri. For me, the best part of Japanese festivals are the food stalls! Even if I can't eat anything (because I am a good dieter) I love looking at all the foods that are not available here in MN. And it's really fun to be able to watch the cooking process up close.


Grilling some meat patties

The food stalls were located near the rear of the shrine grounds, and were a single path that was not too long. However when I was first walking up it, the path was jam packed with people looking around. More people like to just check out the stalls rather than patronize them, just like me, it seems. So I had a bit of trouble getting in there and taking photos without people bumping into me. But walking back through again, it was nearly empty ><;; Haha!


Various grilled squids and seafood


A close up of takoyaki

When you go to matsuri, you will find some food stalls are "popular" and others are not so much. I don't know if it's the collectivist mentality, or the desire not to stand out, but when a food stall is not popular noone will approach it. And the popular stalls will get longer lines. Sometimes I wonder if people just go to the popular stalls to fit in, even if they'd prefer food from an unpopular stall?


These are the cutest choco bananas I have ever seen!! The stall lady decoed them so cute ^3^

But that's fine for me, I can get in and photograph more easily when there's no people around! haha. Even if there are no patrons, the stall workers will continually make food to try and entice customers. Do they sell the food or does it waste?

Of course food is not the only type of stalls they have a matsuri. At large matsuri there are wide varieties of game and merchandise stalls. But this was a small matsuri, so I only spotted one game stall. It was a toy scoop (like a goldfish scoop, but with little toys) I would have liked to try if I wouldn't surely loose haha!


I hope they were able to win some cute toys^^


Making okonomiyaki

I hope you enjoy food stall photos as much as I do, because I have lots more I can share in the future! hehe^^ I have some especially awesome matsuri photos from Japan Trip 3, but it's kinda up in the air if I can write about that. I will try to update with a cosmetic review tonight, so I hope to see you again soon^^
You may also like:

32 comments

  1. oh wowwww!!! This post makes me feel even more jealous! lol. I want to eat everything.. hehe. great post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kyaaaaa!!!! streetfoooood!!!! yummm

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these posts makes me miss Japan even more! I love all your food posts the most. It makes me want to buy Japanese food and learn how to make the food.

    xo, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen chocobananas like that before! They look so good...and dangerous, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool photos and great descriptions. I can imagine you'd have some trouble convincing people there to try the grilled squid. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics, I want a cute choco banana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love food stalls! I've also visited some matsuris by now, and the food is the best on matsuris! Makes me so hungry now!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! I really want to try more Japanese cuisine, and those decorated bananas are adorable!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow all this food looks so delicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. delish food! i miss mall of america!

    http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. great, now I'm hungry haha, the food looks so good! >w<

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so hungry now ~~~~
    I need to learn to cook those things. XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I officially have a dirty mind! LOL, I'm sitting here laughing at those chocolate covered bananas! -_______-

    I want to eat the fried squid! Mmmm<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! I love the bananas

    This place is right near where I'll be staying in Ueno! Coolio!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely do enjoy your food photos, haha!!
    The choco bananas look slightly suggestive but still yummy! XD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh loved this post, can't wait for more! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooooh summer matsuri!! how fun! i miss them. the bananas look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. those bananas look too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. even though i don't really like japanese food in general, everything in your pictures just looks so yummy that i would like to taste everything * A *

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great post and great blog!! I love it!!
    I'm sure you had fun there.
    Will you follow my blog too? thank you so much!kisses from Spain

    http://theysayjumpyousayhowhigh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Damnn now I want Takoyaki! Amazing pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yet again fabulous pictures from you, it's like I can touch the picture and get a chocobanana. If only >_< Those are soooo tasty ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those bananas look absolutely alien to me i have NEVER seen anything like it... I'd still eat it though, I just can't say 'no' to pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG I'm so hungry D:!!

    Hope your F21 trip went well with lots of goodies in hand!

    I could really go for okonomiyaki right about now (oh fail'age) :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your photos the food looks delicious! (^O^) takoyaki is my favorite <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. mm!! okonomiyaki!!
    mmm!
    my favorite!
    and i dont like bananas and those bananas looked so kawaii!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the food posts/photos the best!! They make me want to try all the delicious things I've never tried! Sometimes I think I can almost TASTE them, your photos are so good! Why would you be unable to post about the matsuri photos from your Japan Trip 3??

    ReplyDelete
  28. all the food stalls make me drool especially that takoyaki, it looks so fresh.. that's interesting about the collectivist mentality, because i think that way too at times.. those bananas.. i wanna jsut keep them in my room for display.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay, takoyaki!!! *_____*
    The bananas looks so weird xD

    Recomment: Thanks about my trafic feed, I haven't notice the font has the same color as my background. Fixed now! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh gawd I'm gaining weight just reading your food post lol XD Those chocobananas look mighty delicious...:3

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think you get that mentality everywhere. People just assume - unfairly, maybe, but often right - that the stalls or shops with the queue are better. I love matsuri and especially takoyaki!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm Sara Mari, welcome to my blog
Learn more...

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

- @xoxsaramari -

© Sara Mari - J-fashion lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.