Dressing up in Minnesota

As I mentioned before it was my mom's birthday yesterday (and thank you to everyone who wished her a happy b-day, that was super sweet and very appreciated!) so I was busy this whole weekend. Today we accomplished alot by reorganizing and purging useless items, and until this moment I didn't have spare time to update haha. I am usually about to sleep at 23:00 (yeah I'm a nerd like that XD).

Back in the summer, I was asked how I had the courage to dress gyaru and at the time I thought "there is nothing courageous about it, I just dress as I like" because I was in Japan and no matter how plain or strangely I dressed people would stare at me. Well, and generally in Japan you can see more varied types of fashion in the cities. But when I got back to the US, I could understand why they asked that question.


8/25/10 coordinate

Shirt: Target kid's section
Vest: Forever21
Skirt: Vanquish
Ring: tutuHA

Just wearing a fedora with casual clothing and makeup gets me constant stares and even dropped jaws. I can tune it out, but at the same time I feel it's really ridiculous that I stand out being even just casually fashionable. But I am still trying to dress up when I can, which is usually school nights.


8/26/10 coordinate. This is one of my favorite outfits I've worn in the US!

Shirt: H&M
Vest: tutuHA
Skirt: Forever21
Shoes: Candies

One nice thing about university is I can dress up pretty crazy and noone says anything to me. I know I wouldn't be able to get away with as much at high school (and middle school would be right out!) and even one of the girls I frequently have classes with said she liked my new style haha!


8/27/10 coordinate. Trying out a different kind of style, I don't feel so hot about it haha

Hat, scarf, purse: Hot Topic
Shirt: no brand
Skirt: no brand
Leggings: Uniqlo

I've also been asked if I am still dressing up now that I am back in the US, and so I thought it would be good to show some of the outfits I've worn so far. I'm struggling with some serious weight gain, and so many days I am honestly too depressed and too heavy to fit into my clothing. But I will try harder, so I can keep sharing my coordinates!

So in this post you can see the coordinates I wore during my first week of uni classes. The first outfit was fairly casual, but still a bit rock hopefully. I just wanted to wear that blue and black shirt haha! The second outfit turned out better than I expected, and I was surprised the hair worked too! haha, I want to wear that again^^ But the third outfit, it just didn't suit me, it was fun to try though.
You may also like:

I'm Sara Mari, welcome to my blog
Learn more...

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

- @xoxsaramari -

© Sara Mari - J-fashion lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.