About the Tokyo Dome and Tokyo Dome City

I got a request to do some more Japan writeups, yes it seems recently I have not written about Japan at all so I'm sorry to those followers who are hear to see more about Japan. I just have so many things I want to write about, and Japan writeup posts take more brain work so they often fall to the way-side haha TT

Anyway, today I am introducing the Tokyo Dome, it is a sports arena in the heart of Tokyo where baseball games are held! Of course the most exciting thing you can do at the Tokyo Dome is watch an actual baseball game, but that doesn't mean it's not a fun tourist site the rest of the time ^^/

Tokyo Dome itself!

The Dome itself is called a dome because of it's design which looks like a big inflated white balloon on top. This might look unique to many people, but it was quite natural to me since I grew up seeing the Metro Dome (which deflated this year due to snow DX) which served as the inspiration for Tokyo Dome.

Around the perimeter of the Tokyo Dome's building you can find some stores and restaurants to fill up your spare time.


 
Official Giants store

Here you also find the official Giants merchandise store. The Giants are the baseball team of Tokyo, and this is there home stadium, thusly the best place to find alot of their merchandise together haha. You can also find some things from other teams there. Its a great place to pick up a gift for the sports fan you know.

Some entertainment building with arcades, bowling and food

The complex around Tokyo Dome itself is called Tokyo Dome City, and it is an all in one entertainment area! There is a amusement park, shopping complex, onsen, bowling arcades etc. You can go on rides like the Big O (spokeless) ferris wheel, Thunder Dolphin roller coaster which goes through the LaQua onsen spa building and more

Dang, some of those people are standing up. Lap restraints please!

The LaQua building

Some more amusement rides

A nice view of the amusement park

You can see the full list of places to go and things to do around Tokyo Dome here on their official site. It's too much to list or write about here, so it can certainly fill up one whole day or part of a day if you just want to take pictures and stroll around.

I had a very fun time visiting Tokyo Dome City, even though I didn't bother to ride any of the rides and the shops were not of my personal taste haha. But I don't think I have any reason to go back unless I want to visit the amusement park or a baseball game.

Guidemap of the entire Tokyo Dome City complex

Access Info:
3, Koraku 1-chome, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan

Closest train stations
Suidobashi Station on the JR Chuo-Sobu line (as well as the subway Mita Line)
Korakuen Station on the Marunouchi and Nanboku subway Lines
Kasuga Station on the Oedo subway Line
You may also like:

I'm Sara Mari, welcome to my blog
Learn more...

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

- @xoxsaramari -

© Sara Mari - J-fashion lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.