Introducing Lovely Healthy and my useful food list

Hi there! Sorry it's been so long since I posted, I've been wanting this post to be my next one so I didn't have anything lined up in the mean time. And boy this post was such a challenge to put together! It's the first time in a very long time since I have edited a video, and every little thing was giving me a fight haha. I ended up having to update my graphics driver just to be able to use the editing program :P But yes, this is a video post! Something new to Moments like Diamonds for sure, I am starting a whole new series today!

My new series is called Lovely Healthy - it's all about cuteness from the inside out by focusing on your health. There is a lot about weight loss, but it also includes general healthy eating, activity, recipes, recommendations, anti-stress and perhaps natural beauty care as time goes on. I've gotten so much interest and questions over the years regarding my weight loss, and now that I have worked professionally as a weight loss counselor I have a lot of proper information that I can pass on.

I really want to reach young women and girls who are curious about weight loss and health but don't have many reliable sources. There's a lot of out-dated and downright wrong info out there, so I am trying to counter-act that while being easy to approach. Check out the video below for the introduction/mission statement of Lovely Healthy:


I have started this series at the very basics - the food groups! I have gotten several requests over at my tumblr for a food list so I wanted to put one together as soon as I could. This food list is geared towards weight loss, but it can be utilized by those just wishing to eat more healthy and naturally with some tweaking. I tried to cover as many foods as possible, but as I am from the USA so you may find these lacking in variety. If you have a food not found on this list but seems like it could be just ask me :)

In my first episode of Lovely Healthy I go over the food groups, what to avoid and what to look for including serving sizes. You will find below the actual typed out food list for your use. I have listed portions and instructions, I hope that they are clear. But make sure to watch the video for complete info! I am nervous on camera as you may notice, but I think overall I was still able to go over everything I wanted to talk about!



Healthy Food List
Note: this is for healthy individuals 18+
Vegetables: Fresh or frozen (no canned) = 4 cups per day
Asparagus, Beets, Bell peppers, Bean sprouts, Bok choy, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbages, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Collard greens, Cucumbers, Daikon, Eggplant, Fennel, Green beans, Kale, Leeks, Lettuces, Mushrooms, Mustard greens, Onions, Peapods, Radish, Rhubarb, Seaweed, Spinach, Summer squash, Swiss chard, Tomatoes,Turnip greens, Zucchini

Fruit: Fresh or frozen (no dried or canned) = 1.5 cup/397g per day
Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Berries, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Cranberries, Dragon fruit, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kiwi, Lemons, Limes, Lychee, Mango, Melons, Oranges, Passionfruit, Papaya, Pears, Pineapple, Plums, Prunes, Star fruit, Tangerine, Watermelon

Starches: Whole grains = .5 cup/113g cooked per day
Bulgar, Barley, Jicama, Millet, Oats, Quinoa, Parsnips, Sweet potato, Taro, Turnip, Yams, Wild rice, Winter squashes

Protein: (fat and skin removed) 16oz/454g cooked per day
Beans, Beef, Bufflo, Chicken, Crab, Eggs, Elk, Fish (no canned), Goat, Goose, Nuts, Nut butters, Lentils, Lobster, Quail, Seeds, Scallops, Shrimp, Tofu, Turkey,
Nuts, Seeds, Nut butters limit to 2 tbsp/30g per day

Dairy: 1-2% products = .75 cup/170g per day
Almond milk, Cow milk, Cottage cheese, Hemp milk, Goat milk, Greek or regular plain yogurt, Rice milk, Soy milk

Fats: 1 tablespoon per day
Avocado, Butter, Oil (Almond, Coconut, Olive, Sesame, Walnut)

Others:
Drinks:
Water: Between 80-100oz, Coffee and tea: 4 cups, Herbal tea: free
No alcohol, soda, sports drinks, diet water drinks

Flavorings:
Agave: .5 tbsp , Honey: .5 tbsp, Mustard: 2 tbsp, Salad dressing (lite): 2 tbsp, Salt: 2 tsp, Spices: free, Stevia: 2 packets, Vinegar: Free
No ketchcup, Mayonnaise, soy sauce etc

Like I said, please feel to ask anything that seems unclear! In the upcoming episodes I address meal proportions and food preparations so that will be covered shortly (hopefully now I have all the technical glitches solved haha). I have a whole list of episodes planned out so I really hope for this series to grow and become very useful :) I appreciate your feedback, and I also plan to do more videos like beauty reviews. Thanks for checking out the inaugural post of Lovely Healthy!

Disclaimer - I am not a doctor or licensed dietitian, all information I present is gathered through my experience losing weight and as a private weight loss counselor. Please consult your doctor before starting any weight loss regime. This series is for informational purposes only, this is not intended to be a weight loss program. I can not be held responsible for any results.
You may also like:

I'm Sara Mari, welcome to my blog
Learn more...

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

- @xoxsaramari -

© Sara Mari - J-fashion lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.