Katie AW16 Lookbook picks and thoughts

Japanese girly brand Katie recently (last night?) uploaded their lookbook for the 2016 autumn and winter season, since I promised myself and this blog I would post again today I thought sharing my opinions would be relevant haha! Katie has become one of my favorite brands for sure over the past couple of years, this summer's collection was not up to their usual level but I can see them swinging back with AW16.

This upcoming collection is in tribute to Courtney Love and named "Alternative Queen". The name evokes a feeling of grunge and womanhood; many outfits in the lookbook have been styled to have a general "Courtney" feeling while 3 dresses are direct nods to ones she had worn herself. I am not a fan of Courtney so I honestly don't know much about her, but even I can recognize these looks as influenced by her.

The nice thing however is the items are still 100% Katie, and you can style them to have a more girly look that is quintessential Katie. You'll notice a lot of re-releases of popular items and expansions on established lines.





You can start to see Katie's color palette for AW16, darker with natural tones more than they usually do. There's more charcoals and browns, with pops of red and demin blue as you'll see below. The sheer babydoll is a must buy (also in black). The long cardigan is returning and in the new caramel color (also ivory and pink). I like the  tight onepiece and cami combo, the cami makes it very girly.





The upper two are editions to the Mad Honey line, the onepiece is really intriguing to me but I'm not sure if I'd pull it off. The skirt with the apron frill is a popular design from this spring, several brands have done their take on it, going into autumn. Another spring trend continuing is the pajama pants on the bottom, paired with the oversize sweater makes it a cozy winter look. And the 2nd to last outfit - perfect! I will buy it all! The fuzzy short cardigan, and the Cafe Chic skirt which sold out immediately this spring.





The gingham set with the turtleneck top is a surprising combo for AW but the deep red (which will be a trend color this season) brings it to a less springy place. The long Cafe Chic skirt from the second picture is lovely, on trend color keeping the pencil skirt going. And some very Katie looks to finish my picks out. Onto accessories!

Milk chocolate and caramel chocolate hair clips
Frill card cases and compact wallets
Long hairbows and big hairbows in velour

The accessories expand on the feeling of the lookbook nicely, there's a strong chocolate theme for this collection as well if you go look at the entire thing. I like the hairclips a lot even if chocolate colors don't match my wardrobe haha. And the edition of compact wallets to their Frill wallet line is welcome, I personally like the smaller size. I love the new hairbows! I know they've done velour before but it's great to see it on these sizes, will get the pink long one and the black big one.

Make sure to check out the Lookbook here! There's so much more in it, these are just my personal favorites. I think they did a nice job producing a cohesive collection this season, much more than SS16.


You may also like:

I'm Sara Mari, welcome to my blog
Learn more...

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

- @xoxsaramari -

© Sara Mari - J-fashion lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.