Beautiful roses at Kyu-Furukawa Teien

It is not around 22:00 here in Minnesota, and I spent a long day of walking around so I have to tell you - I am tired!! XD And I want to eat some baked goods. I guess I am craving a quick source of energy haha. I was really happy that people enjoyed seeing more of my remakes yesterday, I will replying to the rest of the comments tomorrow when I can stay home all day^^/

Tonight I thought I would share some nature photos from a very lovely garden I visited back during Japan Trip 5. The name of the garden, as you may guess is Kyu-Furukawa Teien and it is located in Kita-ku. It has very lovely western and Japanese gardens, and if you like roses the western garden is a must visit!


Kyu-Furukawa Teien was the private residence of a Meiji era noble named Mutsu Munemitsu. It was passed to the Furukawa family after his passing and eventually opened to the public in 1956.



One of the best points of the Kyu-Furukawa Teien gardens is the traditional English style manor, which seems to be a restaurant, museum or something. Honestly I'm not sure because it was already closed when I entered the gardens. Which was sad because I love seeing old houses inside, especially when the inside is preserved.

But I didn't have much time to despair after I entered the western style gardens. I was just in time for the roses to be in bloom, which they do twice a year (mid-May to mid-June, and mid-Oct to mid-Nov). I was not the only person there brandishing my DSRL at the blooms, there were large numbers of 50+ women out having flower photoshoots XD


I am honestly not an expert on roses, I only know they are difficult to care for and nobody I know personally can grow them properly. But I really enjoying photographing them, capturing their intricate beauty is like a challenge I guess haha! I'm not very good yet, but I want to keep trying.



If you enjoy gardens, this is really a nice one to visit! The rose garden was designed by a British architect so it's authentic, and the Japanese garden is also highly detailed and secluded. The admission fee is only 150 yen, so its an extremely cheap way to spend an afternoon! There are some snacks there, but I would recommend bringing your own.


Acess Info
Nishigahara 1-chome, Kita-ku, Tokyo
7min walk from Nishigahara Station (Namboku line), Kami-Nakazato station (JR lines)
Hours: 9am-5pm (last entry 4:30pm
You may also like:

I'm Sara Mari, welcome to my blog
Learn more...

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

- @xoxsaramari -

© Sara Mari - J-fashion lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.