Review: Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express mascara

Good morning, I've been awake three hours already and I fell asleep around 2:30 last night. All hopped up on caffeine DX But I was productive in my insomnia, I cleaned my room haha, didn't blog more like I wanted, but here I am now with a review!

Maybelline's Colossal Volum' Express mascara is probably a beauty product you have noticed if you read gyaru magazines, its a favorite amongst many models and usually makes it into the top of cosmetic rankings.

Furthermore I have seen it touted as an alternative to false eyelashes in the western gyaru community, so I wanted to check it out and see if the hype was substantiated!


I picked the Glam Black shade, since I like to darken my pale lashes as much as possible. This mascara's main claim is to provide more dramatic and full lashes, it's a volumizing mascara.



Product Points

• Lush collagen-enriched plumping formula and Mega Brush instantly build 9X volume, without clumps
• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested
• Washable, also available in Waterproof formula




I believe this is a really nice mascara - It does deliver on its darkening and volumizing claims! As you can see in the photo my lashes look noticeably fuller, and a bit longer since they are well darkened.

However you may also notice a bit of flaking, it's not that bad but there is a bit you may have to clean up. It however does not clump up at all! It applies very smoothly and is easy to control.

This is a great basic mascara, it delivers what it claims and is great for daily use and with false eyelashes. However I can't agree that it can replace false eyelashes, it's not that powerful haha!

It's also safe with contact lenses, so that's great for us who wear circle lenses ^^/
You may also like:

I'm Sara Mari, welcome to my blog
Learn more...

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

- @xoxsaramari -

© Sara Mari - J-fashion lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.