Coordinate Post - Suited doll outfit and Yesstyle Dabuwawa review

Hi everyone! Yes, I have another review for you today, but this time it's a bit different because I am reviewing an article of clothing! So I thought, why not show this clothing off in a coordinate post while I review it. I'm also really happy with how the photos turned out, the backyard is more attractive back drop and my mom encouraged me to pose more actively (I'm quite awkward in front of a camera). So I'm really excited to show these pictures and talk to you about this lovely dress I received from Yesstyle.

I was approached by Yesstyle to review an item of my choosing from their Dabuwawa collection. Dabuwawa is a fashion brand from China, featuring elegant mote-kei type clothing for young women. The items may be seen on ladies and girls who wish to look sweet but ladylike at the same time, and some items could be easily used in work wear. Here is Dabuwawa's official description from Yesstyle:

"Established in Shanghai in 2007, Dabuwawa specializes in women's apparel that adheres to a classically feminine design. Dabuwawa primarily uses natural fabrics such as silk and cotton as well as Spandex and Lycra to create striking styles. YesStyle is an authorized retailer of Dabuwawa."




I saw many cute items in their current offerings, but the dress that I picked stuck out to me as it looked a bit like the cute uniform styled pieces that Swankiss often has in their collections. As well the beautiful light blue color will go well with the winter pastels trending this year. Unfortunately for me, due to stock levels I had to order a size "L" which is a bit larger than my measurements, but being an Asian Large it really is not that large on a women of my stature. And it appears that this item is sold out now, but rest assured Dabuwawa has so many other cute items!


When I opened the dress I was immediately happy with how it looked exactly as the stock photos, the color and materials were just as pictured. The material quality is also very nice, it is cotton, but as mentioned in the description it has some stretchyness to it so it lays very nicely on the body and is not prone to wrinkles. I always appreciate low maintenance clothing haha!

Although the dress is not lined, all the seams are finished very nicely, stitches are tight and all the buttons are attached securely. The netting on the skirt is very thick, so you can't see the underskirt through it, and the way it is sewing gives it a lot of volume. You can fluff up the skirt or smooth it down and it keeps the shape nicely. The belt is very long, much longer than needed but I just tucked it behind me haha.




Even though I ordered a size up (I would've ordered a Medium naturally, but I would fit a small, I always order up on Asian clothing when possible), I didn't find the large very "large" besides in the chest. In fact with a padded bra I feel comfortable in this size, so you may consider sizing up too. It's really nice Dabuwawa offers 3 sizes, many asian brands do not.

Sizing: ****
Quality: *****
Appearence: *****
Style: ****

If you enjoyed the look of this dress, make sure to check out their other beautiful pieces, here are a few of my favorites that could work well with several different styles!

      



1  2  3  4  5  6

You may also like:

I'm Sara Mari, welcome to my blog
Learn more...

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

- @xoxsaramari -

© Sara Mari - J-fashion lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.