Prom dress shopping at Macy's

How is everyone's weekend going so far, are you having lot's of fun? As I mentioned before this is my spring break week, and I've just been lazing about. But my mom took this Thursday and Friday off so we went out and I couldn't be as lazy haha. Yesterday we went and saw Alice in Wonderland. I thought the combination of plots worked out, and the actors were all good.

There is plenty of reviews about that movie, so I will write about Thursday instead. On Thursday me and mom went out to the Mall of America just for a bit of shopping. Every time I go out there it changes a little. There used to be a lot of unique non-chain shops, but most of them have dried up now. But there are still shops you can only find at the MoA.

Firstly we went to Forever21, since MoA is one of the only places you can find it in MN. I got a denim romper, 2 denim jackets and shrug cardi. I can show those later if anyone is interested. After that my mom got some books at Barnes and Knobles, then we were making our way to H&M when my mom suggested we stop at Macy's and I could try on some prom dresses.

Before anyone asks, no I am not going to any proms haha! I am not really into those things, and I have never once had a good experience at a school dance. But who needs an excuse to try on beautiful dresses?? haha^^

I was a bit disappointed by the selection. So many of the dresses were short and looked more like party dresses. There is nothing wrong with wearing a party dress to your prom, but to me, prom dresses should be something you wouldn't wear to any other occasion. And they had a lot of terrible polyester, 1970s looking, hostess type dresses. Blah!

So I picked out what I thought were the funnest or cutest dresses, and took photos of myself in them. Please check out the photos and tell me what you think haha!

Firstly, some party dresses for fun:

Photobucket
This dress was so pretty and sparkly!

Photobucket
This dress was really cheap feeling, and cheap price. Maybe I should have bought it?

Photobucket
Actually this dress was purple and so cute! But it made me really hippy.

Photobucket
This dress was purple also, it was cute like the night sky, but too big sized

Photobucket
Ok, this was too tacky to not try on! My face looks strange...


And the dresses I would actually consider for prom:

Photobucket
This dress was sooo beautiful and sparkly, this would be my choice^^

Photobucket
The waist definition is not good, but this dress is gorgeous!

Photobucket
This dress looked better on the hanger, and didn't fit quite right. But the photo looks ok I think

Photobucket
This dress is lovely too, and the color was better irl but I wish the ruffles were more filled in
As you might have noticed by the amount of censoring, I hate my arms! Anyhow, did any of the dresses appeal to you? Which do you think looks the best/most interesting?
You may also like:

18 comments

  1. Your arms look absolutely fine, darling! I've heard great things about MoA. Hope to visit one day. :) Prom was so fun...good times. Even though it's a party dress, I really like that first black sparkly number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so many pretty dresses! i really like the first dress. it fit you perfect - especially with those pretty tights. and i also like the zebra dress.

    why do you have problems with your arms? you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so wonderful on them sara and you're right. prom dresses shouldnt just be cocktail dresses, they should be special pieces. :3 and yeah, who says you cant wear a dress on your not prom day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! You're more of a traditional prom-y dress type girl like I am. They've all been disappointing ever since I got out of high school (except for this pink princess-y one I saw years ago that I'll never forget yet wish I had bought when it came down to $14 after prom season was over).

    I really liked that first green one. It sortta reminds me of The Little Mermaid on you (in a cute way)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second and third dresses are my faves. And you look so beautiful on pic number one. :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all let's commiserate the arm issue. I find that area the most difficult to lose from, even with a daily free weight routine. >_<;; Summer is the worst, isn't it >_<

    But having said that I was actually looking through the photos and thought how lovely your arms looked before I read below about how you hate them. Besides your shoulders make everything look smaller, I'm envious!

    I like the frill dress with the white bottom and the green dress looks lovely with your coloring. Playing dress up is so fun, isn't it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. wo... I think the 1st one and 2nd is nice... really nice! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great options & you look so adorable! <3
    I think the 1st one is really classy (but I'm attracted to black dresses anyway, haha XD) & the purple strapless one is pretty fabulous!
    As for the more 'traditional' prom dresses... I like the white one, second up from the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look beautiful!!!!! as good as any popteen model! if not better. I agree with Mitsu, its time to commiserate on the aftermath of weightloss. you arms really do look awesome and before i too read your bottom paragraph i thought wow her body really adjusts to weightloss beautifully! and i hold to that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waaa, so many beautiful dresses! But it is no wonder, a pretty girl can wear anything and STILL looks very good in it! I think you look so wonderful in all of those dresses, my dear Sara!
    Who was the luck guy who got to go to the Prom with you? XD

    I know a lot of people who hate their arms! It is really difficult to loose weight there. I also don't like mine very much, because my skin is so dry there, doesn't look nice but I am wearing T-shirts in summer anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think the purple one looks really great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dink you look cute! I really like the purple dress that you said made you look hippy. And the zebra, i kinda like!!!

    Ugh if I could put all my arm fat into my boobies, we'd be in a good place, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, what a selection! I really don't know if I can pick a favourite. You look absolutely stunning in all of them. I personally think you have great arms but I can relate to the fact that it's your own opinion that counts. When I lost weight my arms seemed to stay the same too!! Toning exercises definitely helped define them, so as to lose some of the podginess they accumulate in the wrong places.

    Back to the dresses, even though plenty of them are glamorous and girly I can't help thinking I'd go for #3 myself...it's got punk attitude ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautifull dresses! but.. what's the problem with ur arms? .-. u looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful dresses! my favourits are the last two **

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanna see your F21 purchases!!!

    You look gorgeous in your dresses I don't think your arms look bad AT ALL. I'm being serious!! B/c my arms were really bad before and no matter how I'd stand I'd have that big pooch on each side but you don't! You look great XDDv

    I love the "cheap" one with white ruffle! And that green prom one looks exactly like my actual prom dress only mine was purple, LOL! NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you tried on a lot of cute dresses. i think the second one looks good on picture even though you said it had a cheap feeling to it. i think that if you match it with a nice necklace, it might have a different feeling to it. i like the hanger dress that you were talking about. it's really nice and it gives a romantic feeling to it. btw, i have the same problems as you. we both dont like our arms. but don't worry. your arms is not big at all... my arms are much more bigger so you don't have to worry about it. you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha prom...that was the only dance I went to..and it sucked!!

    and pfffft~ Your arms look fine!! And I love that first green dress on you!! You look sooo pretty and fairy like!! And the party dresses are so cute!!

    E> An

    ReplyDelete

I'm Sara Mari, welcome to my blog
Learn more...

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

- @xoxsaramari -

© Sara Mari - J-fashion lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.